Psychology is the scientific study CCNA Training of the human mind, its functions and development. Our mind is an enigmatic organ that holds within itself the secrets of the universe. This brain also controls our entire body from the time it is created till the time it dies. The reason we are who we are can be attributed largely to our mind and its functioning. To understand this working and uncover who we are as people and know ourselves and the people around us better, is the main motto of psychology. People who practice this science are called psychologists.
Let’s looks at some types of psychologists and what they do.
• Aviation psychologists – they check the mental abilities of the pilot and other crew members. They help maximise safety, create new technology and hire people.
• Biopsychologists – also called physiological psychologists, they study the relationship between the organs and human behaviour. For example- they try to see the effect of a brain injury on the behaviour of a person.
• Consumer psychologists – they work alongside marketing experts to develop new sales strategies by using consumer behaviour theories.
• Counselling psychologists – they provide help and guidance by means of psychotherapy to help people who are dealing with mental disturbances.
• Developmental psychologists – in this field, researchers focus on the development of the human mind across one’s lifespan or even at different stages such as adolescence, teenage or old age.
• Engineering psychologists – they focus on development of machinery and technology to suit the needs of humans and further their growth.
This piece will focus on what counselling psychology is as a field of study and what psychologists practicing it do.
Counselling psychology deals with problems people may have with respect to their behaviour at home, school or work, emotions and physical health. They look at various problems that cause stress in the lives of individuals, families or organizations. They help relieve people of this sense of distress and feel better about themselves.
Psychologists practising counselling bridge the gap between real people and theories created through years of research. Which means, they take the established psychological theories and apply it to real people and their lives. Without counselling psychologists all the research made by clinical psychologists in the scientific study of the brain would be futile because they couldn’t be used.
Psychologists also work as therapists in schools or offices. They help people solve their emotional difficulties by means of a wide range of theories about the human behaviour. They may also assist in career development and choosing the best career path based on your education, aptitude and interests.
Counselling psychologists works privately as well as with organizations both educational and business. Their private offices are generally small cabins which exude a homely environment to comfort their clients. When they work with organizations, their work environment is well captured by movies and pop culture.
The era of technology is bent upon manufacturing brains capable of holding too much knowledge and information. Talented minds infused with right spirit of entrepreneurship will make positive spillovers in the society is the fundamental idea. Consequently, knowledge and information has turned out to be the sole human resources capable of boosting economic, social, cultural enhancement of society. So nations championing quality education pump out mammoth share of national resources into education and its reformation.